FLORIDA SOCIETY OF MAYFLOWER DESCENDANTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT 2023
The Florida Society of Mayflower Descendants is proud to announce the availability of four $2,000 scholarships for 2023, including the prestigious Edward Sullivan award.
Student must be a current high school senior, current first year college freshman, or a returning member of the U.S. military who is or will be attending a college or university or a vocational/trade school.
Student must be sponsored by a biological relative of a current member in good standing of the Florida Society of Mayflower Descendants. (Examples: Parent, grandparent, great grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin.)
Summary of Requirements:
- Ancestry to a Mayflower passenger including name of the sponsoring relative who is a member of the Florida Society of Mayflower Descendants
- Unweighted GPA of 3.0 or better
- Typed double spaced 400-600 word essay on “What My Mayflower Ancestry Means to Me”
- Copy of school transcripts [Please note if home schooled or dual enrolled]
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a school official and one from a non-relative. Note: Letters must indicate relationship to applicant
- Separate list of extracurricular activities, honors received, leadership positions held, and information demonstrating community involvement.
Send postmarked material dated by Friday, April 7, 2023 to:
Sharon Jank, State Scholarship Chair, Florida Society of Mayflower Descendants
1180 Guld Blvd, apt.101
DOWNLOAD THE 2023 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
FLORIDA MAYFLOWER SOCIETY (FMS) TRUST FUND
(link to FMS Trust Fund information)
SOCIETY OF MAYFLOWER DESCENDANTS IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA JUNIOR MEMBERS PROGRAM
Florida has over 900 Junior Members spread out across our state in each colony. For membership in the Florida Mayflower Junior Members Program, visit your individual colony&s web page at Colonies above. Applicants must not have reached their 18th birthday. They are sponsored by a regular member of the Mayflower Society (parent, grandparent, etc). Junior Members may remain in the Junior Members Program up to age 24. They may then convert to regular membership before they age out on their 25th birthday. (Download application here.)
Clara Waterman Powell is Chair of the Florida Junior Members Program. Clara can be reached at email@example.com.